We all want to look stylish and coordinated when we step out of the door each morning, don’t we? But, this may seem easier said than done once the winter creeps in. I have the greatest intentions (generally the evening before) of wearing something chic and sophisticated for the following day.
I wake up, and the first thing I do is look outside to see if the weather has suddenly & miraculously turned into a full blown summer, which of course it hasn’t. So inevitably, my inner senses tell me to look for the nearest and biggest (looks the warmest) jumper teamed with my lifesaver UGG boots.
‘Is there a way for me to style out wearing joggers to the supermarket? I’m too comfy’ commented a friend today on Facebook. Most answers were playful, yet ideal in this utterly bone chilling weather. My suggestion was to role up her joggers and put on a pair of those hideous heeled boots people seem to be sporting at the moment, clearly joking of course!
Back to our problem; Dressing for the Winter? Through, what looks to be a long bleak winter this year. Our aim, keeping warm, whilst remaining dapper at all times. Whatever the weather this season, snow, rain, wind and storms – here’s 5 stylish items one must never be without:
1. My Tartan scarf: very soft and perfectly matches my Barbour wax jacket (and it was only £1.99 from a shop in the West End!)
2. Chanel hydrating conditioning lip balm http://bit.ly/WKYWN0 Rouge Coco Baume – silky heaven in a stick, plus protecting my lips from the weather.
3. Black cable knit socks from Topshop http://bit.ly/10IBGEW perfect with ankle boots over normal socks (as my feet freeze!)
4. A nice thick jumper, I rarely leave the house without one on. See an example from Scotweb’s collection in Cashmere http://bit.ly/WL5drR
5. A decent pair of wellies. Harrods stock some amazing boots, like these Hunter Regent Savoy Wellies http://bit.ly/XxIcaA