We Democratised The Evening Dress
It all started in 1983 when I had to borrow an evening dress from a posh friend for a glitzy ball. My other options were very limited and expensive. So an idea was born and, on a wing and a prayer, One Night Stand formal dress hire was launched, nurtured and flourished.
We’ve grown but we’ve never lost sight of our roots: Girls need to arrive at their events looking like a million dollars without having to empty their bank accounts to get there.
Having a Ball For Over 35 Years
Dressing for formal events isn’t easy. You need to wear what’s right for your body, for your personality and for the occasion. You’re in the limelight and you want to carry it off with style and confidence. That’s a lot of responsibility for a frock!
One Night Stand takes the risk out of formal dressing by allowing you to understand how different dresses look when you are inside them. You can quickly try out several styles and colours to focus on the ones that you like best.
Our expertly curated evening wear collection has been selected for real women, by people with decades of experience in dressing all sizes and shapes for every occasion. Our hire service is built around putting you into the perfect gown so that you can concentrate on having a ball at your event.
You can’t do all this online. Which is why we work in person with you, by appointment only.
Facts & Figures
- We’ve made over 45,000 dress hires since 1983. We thought that might be a mistake so we double-checked it. You could have knocked us down with a feather!
- Our dresses have appeared at BAFTAs, Buckingham Palace, Mansion House, Livery Dinners, Vienna Balls, The Oscars and The Emmys, Elton John’s parties, Glyndebourne, many premiers and launches, charity balls at all the major London hotels and banqueting suites, and quite a few ladies’ nights
- We have dressed stars of stage & screen, singers & performers, City girls and company directors, charity workers, brides and their wedding guests, pageant contestants, TV game shows and everything dressy in between and that includes Nobel and Pulitzer prize ceremonies
- Over 500 designer dresses from jewel-coloured gowns to slinky little black dresses, and knock-out ball gowns to wacky party frocks in sizes UK4–20
- The average price of a formal dress hire is £180. They range from £100 for a simple cocktail dress to £250 (inc VAT) for a top of the line ballgown. Expert advice is free.