Yes, you absolutely need to come for a fitting! Formal evening dresses and ball gowns come in such a variety of shapes, cuts and colours that it’s impossible to judge from a picture just how it will look and feel on your body.
They are so very different from everyday clothing that normal rules do not apply. Silhouettes and colours that you would not normally choose can be magically transforming.
Cracking The Dress Code
When you book an appointment you’ll tell us your dress size and the event you are attending so that we can have the right dress rails ready for you at the One Night Stand boutique studio in Chelsea. We will preselect a few dresses to get things started.
Joanna, Jess and Elizabeth have all the expertise you need to find the perfect dress for your event, whether it’s a white tie wedding, black tie dinner, awards gala or even a James Bond, Hollywood Glamour or 1920s -themed evening.
How It Works
- An hour’s appointment costs £25 and will be credited to your dress hire charge.
- Rental prices start at £120 for short cocktail dresses. Long evening dresses average £180; ballgowns £200-275; Nehru Jackets, cloaks, coats and boleros £25-£90; Jewellery and evening bags range £10-£15.
- Your hire period is 3-4 days, giving you time to collect, wear and return it easily. We can also arrange Royal Mail Next Day delivery or courier service at cost.
- Appointments at our private studio on Flood Street may be booked from Monday to Friday, 10:30 to 18:30, and Saturday from 10:00 to 14:00.
- You may reserve up to 10 weeks in advance. We check for duplication to the same event.
- Minor alterations to ensure best fit are usually included in the hire price, as long as we have time to do it. More complex alterations, such as hemming, take longer and will be charged for.
- We offer Damage Cover of £10 per dress hire in case you’re worried about dropping a canape down your front or putting a heel through the hem. As long as you return the dress on time, you’re covered.
- Formal wear Tips and Tricks are free!
Covid-19 update 2022
- Current Covid-19 guidelines apply and we’ll stay responsive to any future Covid-19 update.
- We wear masks (KF94 / KF3D or FFP2).
- Evening dresses and gowns that have been tried on are steamed & aired before restocking.
- The studio is an open, double-height space with good ventilation.
- We have two Levoit HEPA air purifiers running day and night.
- You may bring one other person with you. You’re welcome to do a Zoom session with our free WiFi.
- Surfaces are cleaned before appointments.
- We’ve all been vaccinated and we trust that you’ve had your jabs too.